Navigating Commercial & Consumer Law
The Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (CCA) will likely apply to almost every trading business. The CCA governs many aspects of a trading business’ operations, from price setting, advertising and marketing claims, product packaging, dealings with competitors and product and service warranties.
Compliance with the CCA ultimately requires a holistic understanding of your obligations in relation to the way in which you interact with your customers and your competitors.
Our competition experience covers:
- Competition and anti-competitive behaviour
- Resale price maintenance
- Exclusive dealing
- Pyramid selling
- Restraints of trade
How can Kalus Kenny Intelex help?
Our consumer law experience covers advice and compliance training in respect of:
- Advertising and selling including reviewing product packaging and marketing campaigns
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Online reviews
- Packaging and labelling requirements
- Country and place of origin claims
- Pricing obligations including in respect of:
- Multiple pricing
- Requirements when offering discounts
- Price comparison advertising
- Bait advertising
- Consumer guarantees and drafting warranty documentation
- Product safety and facilitating national recalls
- Compliance reviews against mandatory standards
- Unfair contract terms
- Trade promotion lotteries
- Franchising and licensing
Our Commercial Law Team
Our Latest Insights
Life after separation is not always predictable. However, as our recent article illustrated, it is important to formalise property settlements to ensure future financial protection. A recent case has illustrated that the alternative can be risky, particularly if your...
The Federal election is days away and the Victorian state election is also approaching. You may have made, or be considering, a financial donation to a political candidate or political party. Political donations are regulated in both the Federal and Victorian...
On 22 February 2022 the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) released a Draft Taxation Ruling TR 2022/D1 (Draft Ruling) and Practical Compliance Guideline PCG 2022/D1 (Compliance Guideline) about the tax treatment of: trust entitlements arising out of reimbursement...