Intellectual Property Law
VIEWED THROUGH A DIFFERENT LENS
Intellectual property (IP) is at the heart of most businesses in today’s commercial landscape. With the ever increasing globalisation of trade channels, including online, ensuring that your IP is protected, and is protected in the right markets, is paramount.
Before you commercialise your IP, you should ensure that your IP rights are protected. Protecting your IP involves a careful consideration of what IP rights you already have, what IP rights are available, determining what protections are required and making the appropriate applications.
An effective IP protection strategy is crucial to a successful business, particularly prior to expanding trade channels into international markets. A strong and secure IP adds tangible value to your business as those IP rights can be commercialised through licenses, franchises, assignments or even sold. A strong IP portfolio can also significantly increase the value of your business on sale.
We have in-depth knowledge and experience when it comes to managing your IP assets. We regularly advise on a full spectrum of intellectual property issues, including brand protection and trade marks, copyright, licensing and intellectual property infringement and disputes.
IP from a different perspective.
Our Intellectual Property expertise includes:
- Trade Mark Searching
- Australian and International Trade Mark Registrations
- Trade Mark Portfolio Management & Renewals
- Domain Names Protection & Disputes
- Business Name Protection
- Trade Mark Infringements, Enforcement and Litigation
- Trade Mark Commercialisation & Licensing
- Filing and prosecuting Designs to certification
- Identifying the new and distinctive aspects of a Design
- Australian and international filings for domestic and international clients
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Registration renewals
- Advice on copyright subsistence, ownership, acquisition and licensing
- Preparing documentation proving ownership of copyright
- Copyright clearances and due diligence enquiries
- Assignments of copyright
- Infringements, Enforcement and Litigation
- Commercialisation & Protection
- Corporate structuring for tax efficiency, risk management and investment
- Contractual arrangements, including licence agreements, supply and distribution agreements, and trading terms
- Confidentiality agreements to protect confidential information and trade secrets
- Franchising arrangements