Intellectual Property Law
An effective IP protection strategy is crucial to a successful business, particularly prior to expanding trade channels into international markets. A strong and secure IP adds tangible value to your business as those IP rights can be commercialised through licenses, franchises, assignments or even sold. A strong IP portfolio can also significantly increase the value of your business on sale.
At Kalus Kenny Intelex we have in-depth knowledge and experience when it comes to managing your IP assets. We regularly advise on a full spectrum of intellectual property issues, including brand protection and trade marks, copyright, licensing and intellectual property infringement and disputes.
Our strategic and commercial advice is always tailored to your individual business needs and goals.
Our Intellectual Property expertise includes:
- Trade Mark Searching
- Australian and International Trade Mark Registrations
- Trade Mark Portfolio Management & Renewals
- Domain Names Protection & Disputes
- Business Name Protection
- Trade Mark Infringements, Enforcement and Litigation
- Trade Mark Commercialisation & Licensing
- Filing and prosecuting Designs to certification
- Identifying the new and distinctive aspects of a Design
- Australian and international filings for domestic and international clients
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Registration renewals
- Advice on copyright subsistence, ownership, acquisition and licensing
- Preparing documentation proving ownership of copyright
- Copyright clearances and due diligence enquiries
- Assignments of copyright
- Infringements, Enforcement and Litigation
Commercialisation & Protection
- Corporate structuring for tax efficiency, risk management and investment
- Contractual arrangements, including licence agreements, supply and distribution agreements, and trading terms
- Confidentiality agreements to protect confidential information and trade secrets
- Franchising arrangements
Why choose Kalus Kenny Intelex Lawyers?
The Kalus Kenny Intelex Intellectual Property Team prides itself on understanding business from the inside out. We get that your IP is your brand identity and the very essence of what gives you a competitive advantage in business. For some businesses, the IP it owns can be its most valuable asset. Our job is to assist you in piecing together the intellectual property puzzle to ensure you are properly protected.
Experience is the difference.
Our Intellectual Property Law Team
Intellectual Property Insights
New changes to Australian domain names bring exciting opportunities for businesses to protect their intellectual property and develop a stronger online presence. Last year, we discussed the introduction of the new .au domain licensing rules and what this meant for...
When preparing a trade mark application, a significant amount of attention is often given to the drafting of the specification of goods and services. Whilst the goods and service classification is important, care should also be taken to ensure all other details...
Is your trade mark descriptive or distinctive? In order to register your (or your business’s) trade mark with IP Australia (the agency responsible for administering intellectual property rights in Australia) and, in turn, to strengthen your brand protection, you must...
The goodwill associated with a successful sports brand can be one of the most valuable commercial assets for sporting organisations. It is essential that appropriate steps be taken to protect those brands, and to preserve their associated value. There are a number of...
Company names, business names, trade marks, domain names. What are they, which do you need and how do you get them?
One question we’re often asked by clients is what is the difference between a business name, a company name and a trade mark? Another, is whether they should register a .com or .com.au domain. We’re here to clear up any confusion, and to help you to determine what you...