Danying has a broad practice in construction and infrastructure (both front-end and back-end), including advising on all aspects of contractual procurement for commercial projects and construction litigation.
Danying understands that litigation can be stressful for all parties involved and aims to achieve the most commercial outcome for her clients.
Danying has represented clients in the Supreme Court of Victoria, County Court of Victoria and Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
She is fluent in both Mandarin and Cantonese.
• Acted in Victoria’s landmark court case in the area of Security of Payment;
• Acted in an interstate contractual dispute in the construction industry;
• Frequently acts for developers and contractors in relation to construction disputes.
Areas of expertise
Construction and infrastructure (front-end)
• Drafting, reviewing and advising on AS, HIA, MBAV and bespoke contracts for commercial, mixed-use, infrastructure and residential projects;
• Contract management, including issue of, and response to, EOT claims and notices under contract;
• Dispute negotiation and risk allocation.
Construction and infrastructure (back-end)
• Disputes under contract and at law as to performance of, and payment for, works;
• Disputes relating to defects, delays, extensions of time, latent conditions and variations;
• Claims under security of payment legislation.