Caroline acts for parties involved in the property industry such as developers, vendors, purchasers, landlords, tenants, managers, consultants and advisors.
Caroline assists her clients with a results driven approach and astute technical abilities. Her genuine interest and understanding of her client’s commercial objectives, coupled with her ability to articulate the complexities of the legal framework into simple, clear and logical advice, promotes her client’s confidence.
Caroline prides herself on her attention to detail, ensuring her clients are well-informed, risk aware and equipped to confidently enter into their property transactions.
Areas of expertise
- Commercial Leasing and Licensing
- Property Developments
- Residential, commercial and mixed-used developments
- Property management
- Sale and purchase of commercial, industrial and residential properties
- Sale of land developments (including by tender, expression of interest, auction and private sale)
- Acting for Commonwealth government clients across multiple jurisdictions within Australia in relation to commercial leasing, licensing and planning law matters;
- ASX listed leading national property group and associated entities (acting for developers) in relation to various multi-staged broad acre subdivisions (residential estate communities);
- Acting for builders and developers in relation to broad acre acquisitions, dispositions and resale, house and land packages and display homes (leaseback), Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) third line enforcement approvals, development applications, finance, security and building construction documentation and advice and miscellaneous property development issues and disputes;
- Management and conveyance for deceased estate matters; and
- Advising in relation to the sale of residential land developments.
Articles by Caroline Layton
Our Latest Insights
Kalus Kenny Intelex is thrilled to announce that Sven Burchartz has been short-listed for the prestigious Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards 2021. Sven has been named as a finalist in both the Commercial Partner and Litigation Partner categories. The Partner...
There are 6 million families in Australia. Of these families: 90% with children consist of at least one child who is the natural or adopted child of both partners in the couple. 6% are step-families. That is, where one person is a step-child but there is no child...
The Victorian government’s handing down of the 2021 budget has suggested that those who have profited from the COVID-19 pandemic will be punished, with Victorian Treasurer, Mr Tim Pallas, stating that the 2021 budget will “increase taxes on top-end property owners who...