Denise’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial matters including joint venture and shareholder agreements, complex structuring advice, finance and general commercial contracts.
Denise acts for a range of clients, predominantly privately held businesses and high net worth individuals.
Denise brings a highly technical and commercial approach to each matter and as a result has been instrumental in helping clients to establish, grow, protect and sell their businesses.
As a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Business Law Specialist, she provides clients with enormous value and insight into complex commercial matters.
- Acted for an IT company in respect of its sale of assets worth over $10M including managing the due diligence process, contract preparation and negotiation and eventual settlement
- Acted for a well-known Food Manufacturer in respect of the sale of their entire operation worth over $14M
- Acted for a high net worth individual in respect of an acquisition of an interest in a motor dealership
- Acted for a Mezzanine Financier in respect of a large property development
Areas of expertise
- Unitholder and shareholder agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Corporate restructures
- Consumer contracts
- Corporate governance
- Structured finance
- Personal Property Securities Act
Articles by Denise Wightman
Our Latest Insights
2020 was the year of just getting on with it for KKI. Whilst doing what we always did - the very best for our clients and our people, we also made sure we looked to the future and our place in the world and this region. With a solid and ever growing group of clients...
Well we did it. To get to the end of this remarkable year largely intact is enough to make me believe in miracles. But I don't believe in miracles. I believe in people. After a year which was terrifying some of the time and challenging all of the time, I am convinced...
As this year’s Bathurst 1000 has been run and won and the AFL and Rugby finals completed, our Commercial and Sports Law team reflect on the management of event risks. Sven Burchartz, a long-time motorsport category manager, team owner and competitor, and Graham...