Denise’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial matters including joint venture and shareholder agreements, complex structuring advice, finance and general commercial contracts.
Denise acts for a range of clients, predominantly privately held businesses and high net worth individuals.
Denise brings a highly technical and commercial approach to each matter and as a result has been instrumental in helping clients to establish, grow, protect and sell their businesses.
As a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist in Commercial Law, she provides clients with enormous value and insight into complex commercial matters.
- Acted for an IT company in respect of its sale of assets worth over $10M including managing the due diligence process, contract preparation and negotiation and eventual settlement
- Acted for a well-known Food Manufacturer in respect of the sale of their entire operation worth over $14M
- Acted for a high net worth individual in respect of an acquisition of an interest in a motor dealership
- Acted for a Mezzanine Financier in respect of a large property development
Areas of expertise
- Unitholder and shareholder agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Corporate restructures
- Consumer contracts
- Corporate governance
- Structured finance
- Personal Property Securities Act
Articles by Denise Wightman
Our Latest Insights
With COVID-19 vaccinations rolling out in Australia, employers may be considering asking their employees whether they have been, or will be, vaccinated against the virus. They may also be wondering whether they can, or should, require that their employees get the...
A common misconception in estate planning is that all of your assets (no matter the capacity in which they are held) are ‘estate assets’ and governed by your Will. The distribution of an asset will depend on the type of asset and more specifically, how that asset is...
Many people are not aware that a marriage can revoke a Will. Similarly, a divorce can invalidate appointments and gifts in a Will to the spouse. Sambucco v Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages Victoria & Anor  VSC 889 (Sambucco) is a recent proceeding...