Diane is a highly experienced specialist property lawyer having practised in New Zealand and Australia for over 17 years.
As a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Property Law Specialist, she provides clients with enormous value and insight into complex property matters.
In recognition of her expertise, Diane has educated property lawyers as part of the Continuing Professional Development programs held by Leo Cussen Centre for Law and Legalwise.
- Sale of 383 King Street, West Melbourne.
- Acquisition of one of Victoria’s largest rural properties ‘Banongill Station’.
- Sale of St Kilda Road, Prahran and Burwood Highway sites for a leading national not-for-profit organisation.
- Acquisition of multiple off-the-plan residential units in Brighton for an aged care operator.
- Sale of prominent Victoria Street and Drummond Street sites for a major Victorian not-for-profit organisation.
Areas of expertise
- Acting for major developer clients in relation to subdivisions, house and land packages, broad acre subdivisions, sales of vacant residential land, medium density and commercial sites
- Off-the-plan contracts, developer agreements, co-ownership agreements, put and call option deeds, resale deeds and section 173 agreements
- Disposal and acquisition of residential, commercial and industrial sites
- Acting for landlords, tenants and councils in relation to all aspects of leasing, including retail commercial and Crown land premises
- Sales of retirement villages and sales of Crown land
- Owners Corporation matters
Articles by Diane Ridgway
Our Latest Insights
We are often asked by our developer clients about the benefits of interposing a developer entity between a land owning entity and purchasers in a development. There are many benefits of using a developer entity in development projects. Under this commonly used...
Covid lockdowns have impacted all of our lives in ways we could never have imagined, bringing people to question what is important in their lives, what they want for their future, and make some “life is too short” type big decisions. This soul-searching, and having...
'Australasian Lawyer' has released the 2021 Fast Firms list, comprising 15 firms that have reported record growth and kept up the momentum during a trying time for the legal profession. The COVID-19 pandemic was expected to cripple the Australian legal profession the...