Diane is a highly experienced specialist property lawyer having practised in New Zealand and Australia for over 17 years.
As a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Property Law Specialist, she provides clients with enormous value and insight into complex property matters.
In recognition of her expertise, Diane has educated property lawyers as part of the Continuing Professional Development programs held by Leo Cussen Centre for Law and Legalwise.
- Sale of 383 King Street, West Melbourne.
- Acquisition of one of Victoria’s largest rural properties ‘Banongill Station’.
- Sale of St Kilda Road, Prahran and Burwood Highway sites for a leading national not-for-profit organisation.
- Acquisition of multiple off-the-plan residential units in Brighton for an aged care operator.
- Sale of prominent Victoria Street and Drummond Street sites for a major Victorian not-for-profit organisation.
Areas of expertise
- Acting for major developer clients in relation to subdivisions, house and land packages, broad acre subdivisions, sales of vacant residential land, medium density and commercial sites
- Off-the-plan contracts, developer agreements, co-ownership agreements, put and call option deeds, resale deeds and section 173 agreements
- Disposal and acquisition of residential, commercial and industrial sites
- Acting for landlords, tenants and councils in relation to all aspects of leasing, including retail commercial and Crown land premises
- Sales of retirement villages and sales of Crown land
- Owners Corporation matters
Articles by Diane Ridgway
Our Latest Insights
Life after separation is not always predictable. However, as our recent article illustrated, it is important to formalise property settlements to ensure future financial protection. A recent case has illustrated that the alternative can be risky, particularly if your...
The Federal election is days away and the Victorian state election is also approaching. You may have made, or be considering, a financial donation to a political candidate or political party. Political donations are regulated in both the Federal and Victorian...
On 22 February 2022 the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) released a Draft Taxation Ruling TR 2022/D1 (Draft Ruling) and Practical Compliance Guideline PCG 2022/D1 (Compliance Guideline) about the tax treatment of: trust entitlements arising out of reimbursement...