Heather is a highly skilled and commercially focused lawyer with experience in a variety of complex commercial disputes, employment law, negotiation and dispute resolution.
Heather advises clients from a range of industries including FMCG, real estate, accounting, franchising, information technology, fashion and design, transport and logistics and motor dealers on a range of commercial dispute and employment related questions.
- Acted for a food manufacturer in a dispute relating to breach of contract regarding food processing equipment in a Supreme Court dispute.
- Frequently acts for employers in relation to protection of confidential information and restraint of trade.
- Acted for a shareholder in a shareholder’s oppression claim in the Supreme Court.
Areas of expertise
- Employment contracts and workplace policies
- Post-employment restraints and protection of confidential information
- Performance management and disciplinary procedures
- Engagement and termination of employees and independent contractors
- Employment issues arising in business restructuring and transfer of business
- Redundancy advice
- Representation in the Fair Work Commission and Courts
Commercial dispute resolution and litigation
- Intellectual property
- Complex contractual disputes
- Restraint of trade
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Shareholder disputes
- Corporations law
Articles by Heather Richardson
Our Latest Insights
2020 was the year of just getting on with it for KKI. Whilst doing what we always did - the very best for our clients and our people, we also made sure we looked to the future and our place in the world and this region. With a solid and ever growing group of clients...
Well we did it. To get to the end of this remarkable year largely intact is enough to make me believe in miracles. But I don't believe in miracles. I believe in people. After a year which was terrifying some of the time and challenging all of the time, I am convinced...
As this year’s Bathurst 1000 has been run and won and the AFL and Rugby finals completed, our Commercial and Sports Law team reflect on the management of event risks. Sven Burchartz, a long-time motorsport category manager, team owner and competitor, and Graham...