Heather is a highly skilled and commercially focused lawyer with experience in a variety of complex commercial disputes, employment law, negotiation and dispute resolution.
Heather advises clients from a range of industries including FMCG, real estate, accounting, franchising, information technology, fashion and design, transport and logistics and motor dealers on a range of commercial dispute and employment related questions.
- Acted for a food manufacturer in a dispute relating to breach of contract regarding food processing equipment in a Supreme Court dispute.
- Frequently acts for employers in relation to protection of confidential information and restraint of trade.
- Acted for a shareholder in a shareholder’s oppression claim in the Supreme Court.
Areas of expertise
- Employment contracts and workplace policies
- Post-employment restraints and protection of confidential information
- Performance management and disciplinary procedures
- Engagement and termination of employees and independent contractors
- Employment issues arising in business restructuring and transfer of business
- Redundancy advice
- Representation in the Fair Work Commission and Courts
Commercial dispute resolution and litigation
- Intellectual property
- Complex contractual disputes
- Restraint of trade
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Shareholder disputes
- Corporations law
Denise Wightman and Heather Richardson authored the Australian chapter of the Lexology GTDT and Law Business Research global reference guide to Corporate Governance, contributing to Kalus Kenny Intelex being recognised as leaders in Corporate Governance Law in Australia. This guide considers the latest updates and trends, in addition to vital information around corporate governance rules and practice, rights of shareholders and employees, corporate control, board responsibilities, remuneration, disclosure and transparency.
Articles by Heather Richardson
Our Latest Insights
We are often asked by our developer clients about the benefits of interposing a developer entity between a land owning entity and purchasers in a development. There are many benefits of using a developer entity in development projects. Under this commonly used...
Covid lockdowns have impacted all of our lives in ways we could never have imagined, bringing people to question what is important in their lives, what they want for their future, and make some “life is too short” type big decisions. This soul-searching, and having...
'Australasian Lawyer' has released the 2021 Fast Firms list, comprising 15 firms that have reported record growth and kept up the momentum during a trying time for the legal profession. The COVID-19 pandemic was expected to cripple the Australian legal profession the...