For more than 30 years, Jonathan has built a reputation for managing complex and difficult disputes. A firm believer that a Court is not the only, and often not the best way to resolve a dispute, Jonathan works hard to understand what it is clients are seeking to achieve.
He provides advice not only on how to go about it, but also what the likelihood is of success.
- Against advice from 2 QC’s that the client would lose, Jonathan undertook a Supreme Court action himself and won, saving the client several million dollars.
- Successfully ran several cases all relating to the same family dispute involving companies and trusts, and was then able to favourably settle the dispute.
- Had a Supreme Court decision overturned and then won at re-trial where negligent engineering of a ship was claimed against our client.
- Ran, without counsel, a series of connected VCAT, Supreme Court and Magistrates Court disputes against a builder who claimed a joint venture over a development.
Areas of expertise
- Appearance as Counsel in all Courts for injunctions and trials
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Consumer Protection
- Debt Recovery
- Estate Disputes
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Misleading and Deceptive Conduct
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Risk Management
- Shareholder Disputes
- Property Disputes
Articles by Jonathan Kenny
Our Latest Insights
The Victorian State Government will be introducing legislation today in relation to the new rent relief scheme for commercial tenants. The scheme is expected to operate until January 2022. Both landlords and eligible tenants should be negotiating now. How will rent...
The Wage Theft Act 2020 (Vic) (Act) commenced on 1 July 2021. Under the Act, Victorian employers who deliberately underpay their employees may face criminal penalties. For a serious breach, employers who dishonestly withhold employee entitlements may face fines of...
If one good thing has come out of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s that more people are now thinking about what is going to happen to their assets when they die. This is welcome news, but so many people are making the same mistakes when it comes to planning their Wills....