Karla’s empathetic and pragmatic approach to legal practice allows her to get to know her clients and ascertain their broader legal and commercial needs.
Karla enjoys working with clients to develop better ways to strategically manage the challenges of operating a business, and develop practical solutions for unique problems.
Areas of expertise
- Business Transactions
- Purchases and sales of businesses
- Corporate structures, including shares in Companies and units in Trusts
- Corporate Governance, including the obligations of companies and their directors
- Corporations Act
- Shareholders/unitholders agreements
- Company constitutions
- Share issues
- Employee share option plans
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark applications
- Trademark infringement
- Intellectual property licences and assignments
- Commercial Agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Supply/distribution agreements
- Services agreements
Articles by Karla Brown
Our Latest Insights
We are often asked by our developer clients about the benefits of interposing a developer entity between a land owning entity and purchasers in a development. There are many benefits of using a developer entity in development projects. Under this commonly used...
Covid lockdowns have impacted all of our lives in ways we could never have imagined, bringing people to question what is important in their lives, what they want for their future, and make some “life is too short” type big decisions. This soul-searching, and having...
'Australasian Lawyer' has released the 2021 Fast Firms list, comprising 15 firms that have reported record growth and kept up the momentum during a trying time for the legal profession. The COVID-19 pandemic was expected to cripple the Australian legal profession the...