Karla’s empathetic and pragmatic approach to legal practice allows her to get to know her clients and ascertain their broader legal and commercial needs.
Karla enjoys working with clients to develop better ways to strategically manage the challenges of operating a business, and develop practical solutions for unique problems.
Areas of expertise
- Business Transactions
- Purchases and sales of businesses
- Corporate structures, including shares in Companies and units in Trusts
- Corporate Governance, including the obligations of companies and their directors
- Corporations Act
- Shareholders/unitholders agreements
- Company constitutions
- Share issues
- Employee share option plans
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark applications
- Trademark infringement
- Intellectual property licences and assignments
- Commercial Agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Supply/distribution agreements
- Services agreements
Articles by Karla Brown
Our Latest Insights
Life after separation is not always predictable. However, as our recent article illustrated, it is important to formalise property settlements to ensure future financial protection. A recent case has illustrated that the alternative can be risky, particularly if your...
The Federal election is days away and the Victorian state election is also approaching. You may have made, or be considering, a financial donation to a political candidate or political party. Political donations are regulated in both the Federal and Victorian...
On 22 February 2022 the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) released a Draft Taxation Ruling TR 2022/D1 (Draft Ruling) and Practical Compliance Guideline PCG 2022/D1 (Compliance Guideline) about the tax treatment of: trust entitlements arising out of reimbursement...