Karla’s empathetic and pragmatic approach to legal practice allows her to get to know her clients and ascertain their broader legal and commercial needs.
Karla enjoys working with clients to develop better ways to strategically manage the challenges of operating a business, and develop practical solutions for unique problems.
Areas of expertise
- Business Transactions
- Purchases and sales of businesses
- Corporate structures, including shares in Companies and units in Trusts
- Corporate Governance, including the obligations of companies and their directors
- Corporations Act
- Shareholders/unitholders agreements
- Company constitutions
- Share issues
- Employee share option plans
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark applications
- Trademark infringement
- Intellectual property licences and assignments
- Commercial Agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Supply/distribution agreements
- Services agreements
Articles by Karla Brown
Our Latest Insights
The Victorian State Government will be introducing legislation today in relation to the new rent relief scheme for commercial tenants. The scheme is expected to operate until January 2022. Both landlords and eligible tenants should be negotiating now. How will rent...
The Wage Theft Act 2020 (Vic) (Act) commenced on 1 July 2021. Under the Act, Victorian employers who deliberately underpay their employees may face criminal penalties. For a serious breach, employers who dishonestly withhold employee entitlements may face fines of...
If one good thing has come out of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s that more people are now thinking about what is going to happen to their assets when they die. This is welcome news, but so many people are making the same mistakes when it comes to planning their Wills....