Kimi heads up the Estate Planning and Wealth Protection team and is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners. She understands the complex and delicate nature of family estate planning, the technical requirements around probate and estate administration, and the importance of preserving wealth for future generations. Her advice is accurate, commercial, strategic and tailored to each situation.
- Preparation of international succession planning instruments for high net worth clients
- Obtained Grants of Representation of International wills
- Administration of estates in excess of $30 million
- Representation of trusts in Family Law disputes
- Representation in complex trust disputes for trustees and beneficiaries
Areas of expertise
- Testamentary trusts
- Estate administration
- Estate litigation
- Asset protection
- Intergenerational structuring
- Family constitutions
- Family loan arrangements
- Guardianship and administration applications
- Superannuation binding nominations
- Powers of Attorney
- Business Succession
Articles by Kimi Shah
Our Latest Insights
We are often asked by our developer clients about the benefits of interposing a developer entity between a land owning entity and purchasers in a development. There are many benefits of using a developer entity in development projects. Under this commonly used...
Covid lockdowns have impacted all of our lives in ways we could never have imagined, bringing people to question what is important in their lives, what they want for their future, and make some “life is too short” type big decisions. This soul-searching, and having...
'Australasian Lawyer' has released the 2021 Fast Firms list, comprising 15 firms that have reported record growth and kept up the momentum during a trying time for the legal profession. The COVID-19 pandemic was expected to cripple the Australian legal profession the...