Kimi heads up the Estate Planning and Wealth Protection team and is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners. She understands the complex and delicate nature of family estate planning, the technical requirements around probate and estate administration, and the importance of preserving wealth for future generations. Her advice is accurate, commercial, strategic and tailored to each situation.
- Prepared international succession planning instruments including for assets in multiple jurisdictions including EU and Asian countries
- Restructuring group structures over multiple jurisdictions of companies in excess of $1 billion
- Transferring significant assets between jurisdictions for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Administration of estates in excess of $100 million with assets in multiple jurisdictions
- Representation of trusts in Family Law disputes
- Representation in complex trust disputes for trustees and beneficiaries
Areas of expertise
- Testamentary trusts
- Estate administration
- Estate litigation
- Asset protection
- Intergenerational structuring
- Family constitutions
- Family loan arrangements
- Guardianship and administration applications
- Superannuation binding nominations
- Powers of Attorney
- Business Succession
Kimi also contributed to the Australian chapter of the Lexology GTDT Private Clients Guide.
Articles by Kimi Shah
Our Latest Insights
For contracts of sale or arrangements entered into on and from 1 July 2022, the State Revenue Office will now impose duty on penalty interest paid by a purchaser due to a late or delayed settlement. This new duty is the result of a recent Victorian Supreme Court...
What is ‘without prejudice’? The term ‘without prejudice’ is frequently misused, often causing confusion when matters come before a court. Broadly speaking, ‘without prejudice’ communications are inadmissible (meaning they cannot be provided to a court) so long as...
It is important for employers review their employment contracts and policies periodically. Many businesses conduct a performance review, and often pay review, for employees towards the end of the financial year. Such reviews are an important opportunity for employers...