Kimi heads up the Estate Planning and Wealth Protection team and is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners. She understands the complex and delicate nature of family estate planning, the technical requirements around probate and estate administration, and the importance of preserving wealth for future generations. Her advice is accurate, commercial, strategic and tailored to each situation.
- Preparation of international succession planning instruments for high net worth clients
- Obtained Grants of Representation of International wills
- Administration of estates in excess of $30 million
- Representation of trusts in Family Law disputes
- Representation in complex trust disputes for trustees and beneficiaries
Areas of expertise
- Testamentary trusts
- Estate administration
- Estate litigation
- Asset protection
- Intergenerational structuring
- Family constitutions
- Family loan arrangements
- Guardianship and administration applications
- Superannuation binding nominations
- Powers of Attorney
- Business Succession
Kimi also contributed to the Australian chapter of the Lexology GTDT Private Clients Guide.
Articles by Kimi Shah
Our Latest Insights
It is probably fair to say that a lot of people who have heard of these two phrases think they are the same thing. However, that is not the case. While both concepts exist under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), they are distinct and operate independently from each...
There has been plenty of commentary and speculation about casualties of Covid – “The Great Resignation” and then “The Great Separation” - relationship breakdowns triggered by the stresses imposed by Covid, whether it be the lockdowns, financial stress, home schooling...
The Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme (CTRS) came into effect on 28 July 2021 and was due to expire on 15 January 2022. It offered rental relief to qualifying businesses that had suffered a decline in turnover of at least 30%. In response to the recent spike of...