Kimi heads up the Estate Planning and Wealth Protection team and is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners. She understands the complex and delicate nature of family estate planning, the technical requirements around probate and estate administration, and the importance of preserving wealth for future generations. Her advice is accurate, commercial, strategic and tailored to each situation.
- Preparation of international succession planning instruments for high net worth clients
- Obtained Grants of Representation of International wills
- Administration of estates in excess of $30 million
- Representation of trusts in Family Law disputes
- Representation in complex trust disputes for trustees and beneficiaries
Areas of expertise
- Testamentary trusts
- Estate administration
- Estate litigation
- Asset protection
- Intergenerational structuring
- Family constitutions
- Family loan arrangements
- Guardianship and administration applications
- Superannuation binding nominations
- Powers of Attorney
- Business Succession
Articles by Kimi Shah
Our Latest Insights
The Victorian State Government will be introducing legislation today in relation to the new rent relief scheme for commercial tenants. The scheme is expected to operate until January 2022. Both landlords and eligible tenants should be negotiating now. How will rent...
The Wage Theft Act 2020 (Vic) (Act) commenced on 1 July 2021. Under the Act, Victorian employers who deliberately underpay their employees may face criminal penalties. For a serious breach, employers who dishonestly withhold employee entitlements may face fines of...
If one good thing has come out of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s that more people are now thinking about what is going to happen to their assets when they die. This is welcome news, but so many people are making the same mistakes when it comes to planning their Wills....