Practising law for over 16 years, Malcolm has extensive experience and a wealth of knowledge in the legal industry. He has significant legal experience in Corporations Law, Intellectual Property, Corporate Restructuring, Trade Practices and Competition.
His skill set doesn’t end there. Malcolm has previously advised clients on their business and management matters, dealing mainly with financial management, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions and restructuring.
- Acted for multinational client that purchased an entire Australian based auto parts manufacturing plant and moved it to Thailand for re-commissioning. Attended to cross border warranty claims and litigation with positive outcomes for the client.
- Advised and implemented a total trademark and design registration regime for a furniture manufacturing client that was suffering market distress as a result of Chinese copy imports. Subsequent enforcement proceedings against infringers saved the client’s business.
- Acted for client in patent dispute involving food sanitisers. Dealt with complex legal chemical arguments and arrived at a commercial outcome that favoured the client.
- Advised major manufacturer and reseller of consumer products. Won issues of compliance and assisted in dealing with the regulator on labelling and contents disclosure, thereby avoiding a major costly recall exercise.
Areas of expertise
- Intellectual Property – patents, trademarks and licensing
- Trade Practices and Corporations Law
- Commercial transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate restructuring
- Corporate governance
- Distribution and licencing advice
Our Latest Insights
With COVID-19 vaccinations rolling out in Australia, employers may be considering asking their employees whether they have been, or will be, vaccinated against the virus. They may also be wondering whether they can, or should, require that their employees get the...
A common misconception in estate planning is that all of your assets (no matter the capacity in which they are held) are ‘estate assets’ and governed by your Will. The distribution of an asset will depend on the type of asset and more specifically, how that asset is...
Many people are not aware that a marriage can revoke a Will. Similarly, a divorce can invalidate appointments and gifts in a Will to the spouse. Sambucco v Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages Victoria & Anor  VSC 889 (Sambucco) is a recent proceeding...