Practising law for over 16 years, Malcolm has extensive experience and a wealth of knowledge in the legal industry. He has significant legal experience in Corporations Law, Intellectual Property, Corporate Restructuring, Trade Practices and Competition.
His skill set doesn’t end there. Malcolm has previously advised clients on their business and management matters, dealing mainly with financial management, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions and restructuring.
- Acted for multinational client that purchased an entire Australian based auto parts manufacturing plant and moved it to Thailand for re-commissioning. Attended to cross border warranty claims and litigation with positive outcomes for the client.
- Advised and implemented a total trademark and design registration regime for a furniture manufacturing client that was suffering market distress as a result of Chinese copy imports. Subsequent enforcement proceedings against infringers saved the client’s business.
- Acted for client in patent dispute involving food sanitisers. Dealt with complex legal chemical arguments and arrived at a commercial outcome that favoured the client.
- Advised major manufacturer and reseller of consumer products. Won issues of compliance and assisted in dealing with the regulator on labelling and contents disclosure, thereby avoiding a major costly recall exercise.
Areas of expertise
- Intellectual Property – patents, trademarks and licensing
- Trade Practices and Corporations Law
- Commercial transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate restructuring
- Corporate governance
- Distribution and licencing advice
Our Latest Insights
Life after separation is not always predictable. However, as our recent article illustrated, it is important to formalise property settlements to ensure future financial protection. A recent case has illustrated that the alternative can be risky, particularly if your...
The Federal election is days away and the Victorian state election is also approaching. You may have made, or be considering, a financial donation to a political candidate or political party. Political donations are regulated in both the Federal and Victorian...
On 22 February 2022 the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) released a Draft Taxation Ruling TR 2022/D1 (Draft Ruling) and Practical Compliance Guideline PCG 2022/D1 (Compliance Guideline) about the tax treatment of: trust entitlements arising out of reimbursement...