Peter advises clients on a wide variety of commercial disputes, with a particular focus on building and construction disputes, shareholder disputes and contract disputes.
Peter has appeared and instructed counsel in a number of jurisdictions including the Supreme Court of Victoria and Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). His experience includes litigation at the appellate level.
He works closely with developers, builders (and other building professionals), directors and shareholders, as well as private clients from a range of industries to resolve their disputes through litigious and non-litigious means, including alternative dispute resolution processes and strategic negotiation.
- Acted for a national real-estate agency in the Victorian Court of Appeal in relation to the Estate Agents Act 1980 commission provisions and the doctrine of rectification.
- Acted for a beneficiary in a multi-million dollar family trust dispute.
- Acted for builders and developers in relation to payment claims and adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 regime.
Areas of expertise
- Building and construction disputes
- Complex contractual disputes
- Director and fiduciary duties
- Shareholder disputes and oppression actions
- Corporate insolvency
Articles by Peter Lettieri
Our Latest Insights
2020 was the year of just getting on with it for KKI. Whilst doing what we always did - the very best for our clients and our people, we also made sure we looked to the future and our place in the world and this region. With a solid and ever growing group of clients...
Well we did it. To get to the end of this remarkable year largely intact is enough to make me believe in miracles. But I don't believe in miracles. I believe in people. After a year which was terrifying some of the time and challenging all of the time, I am convinced...
As this year’s Bathurst 1000 has been run and won and the AFL and Rugby finals completed, our Commercial and Sports Law team reflect on the management of event risks. Sven Burchartz, a long-time motorsport category manager, team owner and competitor, and Graham...