Peter advises clients on a wide variety of commercial disputes, with a particular focus on building and construction disputes, shareholder disputes and contract disputes.
Peter has appeared and instructed counsel in a number of jurisdictions including the Supreme Court of Victoria and Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). His experience includes litigation at the appellate level.
He works closely with developers, builders (and other building professionals), directors and shareholders, as well as private clients from a range of industries to resolve their disputes through litigious and non-litigious means, including alternative dispute resolution processes and strategic negotiation.
- Acted for a national real-estate agency in the Victorian Court of Appeal in relation to the Estate Agents Act 1980 commission provisions and the doctrine of rectification.
- Acted for a beneficiary in a multi-million dollar family trust dispute.
- Acted for builders and developers in relation to payment claims and adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 regime.
Areas of expertise
- Building and construction disputes
- Complex contractual disputes
- Director and fiduciary duties
- Shareholder disputes and oppression actions
- Corporate insolvency
Articles by Peter Lettieri
Our Latest Insights
For contracts of sale or arrangements entered into on and from 1 July 2022, the State Revenue Office will now impose duty on penalty interest paid by a purchaser due to a late or delayed settlement. This new duty is the result of a recent Victorian Supreme Court...
What is ‘without prejudice’? The term ‘without prejudice’ is frequently misused, often causing confusion when matters come before a court. Broadly speaking, ‘without prejudice’ communications are inadmissible (meaning they cannot be provided to a court) so long as...
It is important for employers review their employment contracts and policies periodically. Many businesses conduct a performance review, and often pay review, for employees towards the end of the financial year. Such reviews are an important opportunity for employers...