Peter advises clients on a wide variety of commercial disputes, with a particular focus on building and construction disputes, shareholder disputes and contract disputes.
Peter has appeared and instructed counsel in a number of jurisdictions including the Supreme Court of Victoria and Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). His experience includes litigation at the appellate level.
He works closely with developers, builders (and other building professionals), directors and shareholders, as well as private clients from a range of industries to resolve their disputes through litigious and non-litigious means, including alternative dispute resolution processes and strategic negotiation.
- Acted for a national real-estate agency in the Victorian Court of Appeal in relation to the Estate Agents Act 1980 commission provisions and the doctrine of rectification.
- Acted for a beneficiary in a multi-million dollar family trust dispute.
- Acted for builders and developers in relation to payment claims and adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 regime.
Areas of expertise
- Building and construction disputes
- Complex contractual disputes
- Director and fiduciary duties
- Shareholder disputes and oppression actions
- Corporate insolvency
Articles by Peter Lettieri
Our Latest Insights
We are often asked by our developer clients about the benefits of interposing a developer entity between a land owning entity and purchasers in a development. There are many benefits of using a developer entity in development projects. Under this commonly used...
Covid lockdowns have impacted all of our lives in ways we could never have imagined, bringing people to question what is important in their lives, what they want for their future, and make some “life is too short” type big decisions. This soul-searching, and having...
'Australasian Lawyer' has released the 2021 Fast Firms list, comprising 15 firms that have reported record growth and kept up the momentum during a trying time for the legal profession. The COVID-19 pandemic was expected to cripple the Australian legal profession the...