Sven has years of significant experience and outcomes in a senior advisory capacity in complex commercial dispute resolution and litigation, mergers and acquisitions and major commercial and financial transactions. This includes working closely with Boards and executive management, increasingly for and within international jurisdictions. New business areas have included international gaming including in online crypto currency gambling and investment activities.
Sven has spent the past 30 years helping people build and protect their businesses. He manages and advises on how to achieve the best commercial outcome and avoid and resolve disputes, often as the lead negotiator on their significant business transactions.
- Advising Sportsbet.io, a cryptocurrency-based sports betting platform, on the sponsorship of three English Premier League teams, Arsenal, Watford and Southampton Football Clubs.
- Advised to a successful outcome on a significant shareholder dispute involving over $650,000,000 in property and other assets, shareholder agreements, corporate structures, complex trusts, superannuation funds, funding agreements, valuation issues, taxation treatment of assets and the rights of third parties.
- Acted for, and successfully protected one of Australia’s largest automotive dealer groups against a local manufacturer in disputes involving franchising, trademark infringement copyright breaches and competition law.
- Successfully acted in a number of intellectual property disputes focussing on asset protection through the use of search orders, property freezing and injunctions.
- Advising on a major joint venture business matter. This included fraud, risk review, managing litigation to seize property, forensic investigations and asset recovery.
- Acting for Directors and companies in major ASIC and financial services investigations.
- Specialist Motorsport Advisor to a number of key motor racing teams, drivers and international manufacturers in the automotive, motorsport and related industry supply sector.
Areas of Expertise
- Major and complex commercial and property litigation and dispute resolution.
- Commercial law particularly risk identification and mitigation.
- Providing advice on complex business risk issues.
Articles by Sven Burchartz
Our Latest Insights
The Victorian State Government will be introducing legislation today in relation to the new rent relief scheme for commercial tenants. The scheme is expected to operate until January 2022. Both landlords and eligible tenants should be negotiating now. How will rent...
The Wage Theft Act 2020 (Vic) (Act) commenced on 1 July 2021. Under the Act, Victorian employers who deliberately underpay their employees may face criminal penalties. For a serious breach, employers who dishonestly withhold employee entitlements may face fines of...
If one good thing has come out of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s that more people are now thinking about what is going to happen to their assets when they die. This is welcome news, but so many people are making the same mistakes when it comes to planning their Wills....