VIEWED THROUGH A DIFFERENT LENS
Employment laws can be complex and often changing, which means keeping up to date can be a challenge.
As a business owner or manager, your single largest cost is likely to be your staff. Making commercial decisions that involve performance, managing risk, business ownership and the occasional dispute, and all whilst adhering to the latest workplace laws, is challenging. You need a legal advisor who can give you clear, commercial advice, who can explain all your options, including strategy and costs.
Businesses need to follow correct procedures to avoid risk and the potential negative impact on staff, reputation and brand.
We provide practical and effective advice in a way that is clearly understood. We do this keeping in mind that a quick response time may be required to avoid further issues arising.
We also work with businesses to assist them avoid risk by ensuring that policies and procedures and employment contracts are implemented.
We look at your employment challenges from a fresh point of view.
Our Employment Law expertise includes:
Employment contracts and workplace policies
- Engagement and termination of employees
- Engagement of independent contractors
- Preparation of employment contracts
- Executive and key personnel contracts, including bonus and commission structures
- Workplace policies
- Social media and technology policies
- Protection of confidential information and intellectual property
- Advice on anti-discrimination laws, sexual harassment and bullying
- Advice regarding Awards
Advice on performance management and disciplinary procedures:
- Performance management
- Disciplinary procedures
Change of business ownership
- Sale or transfer of business
Employment disputes and litigation
- Representation in the Fair Work Commission and Courts
- Unfair dismissal proceedings
- Terms of separation
- Freezing orders in situations where an employee has misappropriated company funds
- Risk management