Like sport itself, the business of sport is dynamic, emotionally charged and highly competitive.
With local and global experience in the sports and leisure sector, our sports law team supports professional and amateur sporting organisations, clubs/teams, athletes, sponsors and other key stakeholders in their pursuit for sporting and commercial success. We get your game.
Our Sports Law legal expertise includes:
- Organisational structuring
- Compliance and member protection obligations
- Integrity and judicial frameworks, policies and processes
- Sporting rules and regulations
- Crisis and risk management
- Commercial contracts and arrangements
- Sponsorship agreements
- Athlete/Talent engagement and management
- Advocacy and representation
- Intellectual property protection
- Property, including venue acquisition, use and disposal
- People & Culture, including employment, OH&S, impartial and compliant investigations, dispute resolution and performance management
- Designing and executing transformational change programs
- Media management and broadcast rights
- High performance programs and foundations
Our Sports Law clients include:
- National and State Sporting Organisations
- Governing/Sanctioning Bodies
- Peak Bodies/Associations
- Professional/Amateur Athletes
- Venue Owners (government and private)
- Event Managers
As the sole Australian contributor to the GTDT and Law Business Research global reference guide to Sports Law, Kalus Kenny Intelex are recognised as leaders in Sports Law in Australia. This guide considers the latest updates and trends, in addition to vital information around the regulatory environment, dispute resolution, sponsorship, brand and image, broadcasting and event organisation, immigration, taxation and employment issues.
Why choose Kalus Kenny Intelex Lawyers?
When you are involved in the business of sport you need a team of professional advisors on your side.
You need to rely on lawyers who understand both the big picture and the complexities, regardless of where you are at in your game.
With over 30 years of experience in Commercial Law, our team are trusted advisors to some of Australia’s most successful sporting people. Understanding the complexities of business, family life, wealth and risk is our priority for all of our clients, and we pride ourselves on providing advice that is practical, commercial and strategic.
We get your game.
Our Sports Law Team
Sports Law Insights
As this year’s Bathurst 1000 has been run and won and the AFL and Rugby finals completed, our Commercial and Sports Law team reflect on the management of event risks. Sven Burchartz, a long-time motorsport category manager, team owner and competitor, and Graham...
The recent widespread fallout between sponsors and sporting codes is forcing a rethink of how events, such as a global pandemic and government intervention, are dealt with in future commercial contracts. According to Australian sports law firm, Kalus Kenny Intelex...
This weekend will see a new king of the mountain crowned as the winner of the coveted Bathurst 1000. However, this year will be different. It will be done without the normal crowds due to the impacts of COVID-19, the race will be the final event in the shortened...
The new national sports integrity body, Sports Integrity Australia (SIA), commenced operation on 1 July 2020. What does SIA do? SIA brings together the functions of Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA), the National Integrity of Sport Unit (NISU), and...
The return of sport at both the professional and community levels post the COVID-19 restrictions is a welcome return to a sense of normality. However, life is not as we knew it (and might not be for some time to come), so here are some pointers to avoid being caught...