Commercially savvy lawyers who can protect you, understand your complex needs and fight for you when you need them to, are hard to find. Having someone who can do all this, whilst having an innate understanding of your passion for motorsport, is unheard of.
It’s all about being a different kind of lawyer.
We understand that the motorsport sector requires specific legal advice.
Kalus Kenny Intelex has unparalleled experience in the automotive industry and motor sport.
Our deep understanding and passion for motorsport comes from experience.
Sven Burchartz heads up this area of the practice having a unique personal understanding of motorsport and the automotive industry at all levels. In addition to being part owner in racing teams, vehicle manufacture and restoration businesses, he has competed at various levels including club, Australian GT Championships 2005 – 2008 and Porsche challenge. He is also a past Director of the Australian Motor Sport Foundation.
When experience makes the difference.
We help the motorsport sector by offering the following industry specific services:
- Drafting and negotiating:
- Driver Agreements and variations
- Test Day Agreements
- Racing Entitlements Contracts (REC) Operating and Lease Agreements
- Sponsorship Agreements
- Brand Ambassador Agreements
- Competition Management Agreements
- Driver and race team commercial representation and management
- Racing Entitlements Contracts (REC) sales, purchases and assignments
- Vehicle and asset purchasing, leasing and rental agreements
- Employment Agreements
- Contractor Agreements
- Sporting, technical and compliance advice and representation
- Providing advice on tax effective structuring
- Establishing and registering tax effective structures
- Providing advice on investment groups
- Providing advice on advertising
- Providing advice on copyright and assignments and licences of intellectual property rights
- Providing advice on brand reputation and intellectual property protections including trade mark registration
What our motorsport clients had to say:
“Having team members and staff who understood our unique business and its history was instrumental in achieving the best long term outcome for us. KKI arrived at an extremely messy, extremely complex range of issues which were all dealt with pragmatically and with a firm enough hand for the other parties to know we were not fooling around.”
“Great communication which is crucial and an understanding of the business requirements and the overall outcome.”
“Understood the complexity of the matter and how to navigate towards a successful outcome without dragging it out.”
Our motorsport sector projects
- Local and International Teams and Drivers in Supercars, Development Series, Indycar, Formula 3, Porsche Carrera Cup, Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge, Formula Ford, Touring Car Masters, Historics, Australian GT Championship and Speedway
- Race car manufacturers, suppliers and importers
- Team sponsors
- Confederation of Australian Motor Sports (CAMS)
- Motor Dealerships and Dealer Groups
- Industry Suppliers and Service providers
- Dealership Owners and Managers
- Suppliers and service providers
- Finance professionals and lenders
Our Motorsport Sector Leaders
As this year’s Bathurst 1000 has been run and won and the AFL and Rugby finals completed, our Commercial and Sports Law team reflect on the management of event risks. Sven Burchartz, a long-time motorsport category manager, team owner and competitor, and Graham...
The recent widespread fallout between sponsors and sporting codes is forcing a rethink of how events, such as a global pandemic and government intervention, are dealt with in future commercial contracts. According to Australian sports law firm, Kalus Kenny Intelex...
This weekend will see a new king of the mountain crowned as the winner of the coveted Bathurst 1000. However, this year will be different. It will be done without the normal crowds due to the impacts of COVID-19, the race will be the final event in the shortened...
Do you operate a motor vehicle dealership? Here's what you need to know about changes to the Franchising Code. Changes have been introduced to the Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Franchising) Regulation 2014 (Franchising Code) for motor vehicle dealers...
As published in Auto Action magazine, edition 1787, 5 June 2020, pages 40-41. After providing an introduction to the role that legal advice plays in motor sport today in part one of this far ranging discussion, competitor and lawyer Sven Burchartz explains to Bruce...